Papers Please Day 10
December 2nd, 1982
No new complications to gameplay occur today, but what suffices for plot in Papers, Please moves along a bit. The first entrant will be the divisional authority of East Grestin who comes to visit the inspector.
The fourth entrant does not have any paperwork on him. It may be quicker to simply approve him. If you go to the process of pulling out the rulebook and using Inspection mode to point out his or her need for a passport, he or she will refuse to leave and must be detained. Only bother if you have one or none of the detainees needed for 5 credits from Calensk.
Finally, another EZIC agent arrives to drop off a cipher.
- All entrants must have a passport
- All documents must be current and not expired
- All foreigners must have a valid, unexpired entry permit
- All Arstotzkans must have a valid ID card
- All workers must have a valid work pass
- All diplomats must have authorization to enter Arstotzka
- No weapons or contraband is allowed into Arstotzka
- Entrant One will be Dmitri, the divisional supervisor of East Grestin, who will give you a plaque you can hang on your head. Dmitri counts as a procession, netting you 5 credits. He will come in from the right side on the overfield (you do not call him in with the speakers). Once he leaves, the clock starts running.
- Entrant Four is a foreigner with no papers. Using Inspection Mode to point out the lack of paperwork and Denying him or her will require you to have the foreigner detained.
- Entrant Seven is an EZIC agent who drops off a cipher before leaving, and also counts as a procession.
- As mentioned above, it may be faster to simply wave through Entrant Four and take the citation hit than to waste time to point out the lack of paperwork, getting a temporary Visa, issuing a Deny stamp and then having the entrant detained.
- This is just the author’s experience, but he started to get a lot more passports that had cities that actually existed, but were NOT in the correct country (for example, a passport from Republia that was issued by Skal, when Skal is located in Obristan), so brush up on which country is in which nation.