Papers Please Day 14
December 6th, 1982
A new mechanic is introduced today, where you will be given a list of three faces of the Most Wanted Criminals. This is put into your daily bulletin as opposed to your rulebook. When a Most Wanted Criminal shows up, you need to link his or her face to the corresponding photo on the middle page of the bulletin to interrogate him or her, and then have the criminal Detained. You can also just Deny the person entry to the nation.
After Entrant Nine, an EZIC agent named Stepheni Graire is allowed in, smugglers will be randomly generated. If one is allowed in, he or she will trigger a terrorist attack, ending the day early. ALWAYS check the weight of a person up against his or her ID card or Identity Supplement.
At the end of the day, you can buy the fourth and final Booth Upgrade if you bought all three prior upgrades as soon as they were possible. When you are in Inspection Mode and linking two pieces of evidence, you can double click with the mouse to speed up the Inspection time.
- All entrants must have a passport
- All documents must be current and not expired
- All foreigners must have a valid, unexpired entry permit
- All Arstotzkans must have a valid ID card
- All workers must have a valid work pass
- All diplomats must have authorization to enter Arstotzka
- No weapons or contraband is allowed into Arstotzka
- Foreigners require an identity supplement
- No Wanted Criminals are allowed in (use the bulletin middle page)
- Entrant One will be one of the three listed Most Wanted Criminals. Use Inspection Mode to link the photo on the MWC list to the person in front of you to be able to detain. Otherwise, just straight-up deny him or her.
- Entrant Three will be an EZIC operative if you accepted either the 1000 or 2000 Credit gift. He or she will inform you of a later operative showing up.
- Entrant Four is an engineer with valid papers. Give him or her a business card from Messof Anegovych before handing the passport and other papers back.
- Entrant Six will be one of the three listed Most Wanted Criminals. Use Inspection Mode to link the photo on the MWC list to the person in front of you to be able to detain. Otherwise, just straight-up deny him or her.
- Entrant Seven is a man who is either Nathan Cykelek or Carpov Calistnen. He will give you two passports with identical data except for the names. He will ask you for both documents back. You can hand him both of them back without doing anything, or detain him. Approving either passport will lead to a citation.
- Entrant Nine is a female named Stepheni Graire, who is the EZIC agent earlier mentioned. Her papers are invalid and will lead to a citation if approved and allowed in, but if you accepted either the 1000 or 2000 bribe gift, you must let her in or else you will get a bad ending the following day.
- Most Wanted Criminals are an easy way to rack up detainings for Credits from Calensk, as you need only link his or her face with his or her photo in the Most Wanted Criminals list before getting the option to detain (as opposed to having to fingerprint first, etc.)
- Following Stepheni Graire, ALWAYS check a person’s weight against what they have listed on their documentation. As you will encounter several smugglers, this is an easy way to quickly deny or detain people.
- If you Deny Stepheni Graire entry to Arstotzka and you accepted either the 1000 or 2000 credit bribe, you will get Ending 4, a Bad Ending, at the start of Day 15.