Papers Please Day 7
November 29th, 1982
As a result of the terrorist attack the day beforehand, a Search option becomes available, and all Kolechians must be searched. To initiate a search, you must first find a discrepancy in Inspection Mode before the Search button is made available. In the case of the Kolechians, you need to enter Inspection Mode and link the rule about ‘Search all Kolechians’ in the rulebook with the person himself or herself. You will be given a picture print-out with a front side, and can rotate it around to see a back side.
In addition to inspecting all Kolechians, no weapons or contraband are allowed into Arstotzka. This is not heavily relevant right now outside of Entrant Seven, but later on you will be expected to note mass discrepancies between a person’s listed weight and his or her actual weight as a reason to inspect him or her.
EDIT: Apparently, you can just flat-out reject all Kolechians without taking a penalty, shaving off the time it takes to process a passport.
- All entrants must have a passport
- All documents must be current and not expired
- All foreigners must have a valid, unexpired entry permit
- All Arstotzkans must have a valid ID card
- All workers must have a valid work pass
- All Kolechians must be searched
- No weapons or contraband is allowed into Arstotzka
- Entrant One is a Kolechian female tourist with valid papers. Link the rule stating that all Kolechians must be searched with the person herself in order to search her, then Approve her passport and send her away as soon as the picture comes in.
- Entrant Four is an Arstotzkan male with feminine features who has valid papers. Inspecting him by linking his stated gender and himself allows you to search. You can then Approve his passport and send him on.
- Entrant Seven is a male Kolechian named Shaddy Safadi. Point out that he is a Kolechian to search him, then rotate his picture to spot contraband taped up behind his leg. Pointing this out with the rule on no contraband will cause Shaddy to attempt to bribe you with 10 credits to enter. You can go either way or detain him.
- It only makes a difference of 5 credits (getting 10 in the bribe, losing 5 for not processing Shaddy correctly), but you are better off approving Shaddy’s claim AFTER he makes his bribe offer.