Papers Please Day 8
November 30th, 1982
Day Eight marks a couple of significant changes. The first is the requirement for all Kolechians to be searched being struck down. Secondly, potential entrants will now include diplomats. Diplomats will have both a passport and a diplomatic authorization. Discrepancies that may exist in a diplomatic authorization include a mismatch between their passport number, their name, and the issuing country of the passport and diplomatic authorization.
Additionally, all diplomatic authorizations must have a valid diplomatic seal, though this does not become a problem for a few days. They must also actually have access to Arstotzka listed in the authorization.
Day Eight also starts the intrigue behind the scenes, finally building up a multi-day plot arc with EZIC, a terrorist cell. Entrant Five will be a normal EZIC who gives you a note saying ‘Corman Drex’ before leaving. Entrant Nine will be Corman Drex. You do not have to give the note to Corman, but he will come back the next day if you do not.
At the end of the day, if you installed the first booth upgrade to use the Space Bar, the second booth upgrade, hitting the Tab Key to bring up the Visa Stamp, will be available (each booth upgrade is available 3 days after purchasing the last one).
- All entrants must have a passport
- All documents must be current and not expired
- All foreigners must have a valid, unexpired entry permit
- All Arstotzkans must have a valid ID card
- All workers must have a valid work pass
- All diplomats must have authorization to enter Arstotzka
- No weapons or contraband is allowed into Arstotzka
- Entrant One is a Kolechian diplomat. His or her papers will always be in order. Approve his/her entry.
- Entrant Three will be Jorji Costava if you did not allow him in on Day 4 or Day 7. He lacks an Entry Permit (but has an Entry Ticket), and so approving him will get you a citation but also give you the Obristan token and corresponding Steam achievement if you have not yet already the latter.
- Entrant Five is a member of EZIC, who will give you an EZIC card saying ‘Corman Drex’ before leaving.
- Entrant Nine will be Corman Drex, who has a randomly generated gender and face. Give the note to him or her to get a note in return. Read it (or not, as the contents are available in this guide so you may read it separately to save time in-game) and then hand it back to him or her to get a coded document. If you do not give the note to him or her, he or she will be back the next day. Corman Drex will otherwise have his or her paperwork in order and can be Approved and waved through.
- Again, do not bother to read Corman’s note and instead give the note back to the man or woman. Instead, read the content here or elsewhere to save in-game time for more processing.
- Buy the booth upgrade again at the end of the day to decrease the time it takes to process somebody.